- News Highlights & Archives
- In The News
- Press Kit
• • •
We’ve observed how effectively Inspired Teaching’s teachers engage students in the learning process, stimulating inquiry and imagination. Kids love learning in this setting; it’s a great dropout prevention!
• • •
Apply now to be an Inspired Teaching Fellow!
December 17, 2013
The Inspired Teacher Certification Program is now accepting applications for the 2014 cohort of Inspired Teaching Fellows. Through a 24-month residency program, Inspired Teaching Fellows are prepared for successful and sustainable careers as teachers and changemakers in Washington, DC while earning a DC teaching license and a Master of Arts in Teaching. Be a part of recruiting tomorrow’s education changemakers by sharing, forwarding, (applying!), and spreading the word.
Teaching is an intellectually rigorous and demanding profession, and the Inspired Teacher Certification Program better prepares new teachers for the challenges of teaching in an urban, high-poverty classroom. Participants in our residency program have a full year to develop the skills of engaging diverse students, managing classrooms, and planning effective lessons by working alongside an experienced Lead Teacher. Inspired Teaching Fellows also earn a Master of Arts in Teaching from Trinity Washington University’s School of Education.
Inspired Teaching Fellows:
- Receive a DC teaching license in early childhood (preK-3rd) or elementary (1st-6th) education.
- Experience a residency year that seamlessly connects theory and practice by training in classrooms of lead teachers and learning professional best practices while immersed in the realities of day-to-day teaching responsibilities.
- Earn a Master of Arts in Teaching from Trinity Washington University through a customized program of graduate coursework that prepares new teachers using current practices and research from the field.
- Receive intensive classroom mentoring which provides constructive feedback, instructional coaching, and personal support.
- Serve as a full-time AmeriCorps member, joining a national network of individuals committed to public service, and access benefits including a financial education award, childcare benefits and student loan deferment.
- Join a network of educational changemakers, and influence the education landscape both inside and outside of the classroom. Work to transform education as a means to achieve social justice by hosting classroom visits, writing for blogs, and presenting at local and national conferences.